Re: Sparc32 Floppy Availability

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:47:33AM +0100, Robin Harmsen wrote:
> I tested the version with the 2.6 kernel from
> http://people.debian.org/~stappers/d-i/images/daily/sparc32/floppy/2.6/
> just briefly but enough to give some feedback

> first thing I noticed is that I need to boot with:
> linux root=/dev/fd0 (or some other root) otherwise I get a Kernel Panik
> that it can't find a root
> when doing this, at some stage I come to:
> VFS: Insert root floppy disk to be loaded into RAM disk and press ENTER
> but the floppy in the drive isn't ejected so I can't place in the new one.
> it is getting late by now (00:48 GMT+1)
> tomorrow evening (from about 19:00 GMT+1) I'll try some more with these
> floppys and test the other floppy images..
Please do!

Something else:
Can we avoid the duplicates in the E-mail?
I'm on this mailing, I don't need a duplicate.
Are you also subscribed? Can I leave out the duplicate?

> thanx,
> Robin Harmsen

Geert Stappers
* When replying to messages on the mailing list, do not send a carbon
  copy (CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly request to be
* If you send messages to lists to which you are not subscribed, always
  note that fact in the body of your message.