Re: patch on DHCP server setup & Alioth d-i member request

Hi Geert,

On Friday 18 March 2005 23:06, Geert Stappers wrote:
> Attached you find a patch on the manual.
> It is due evolution of the dhcp server.
>
> Is it to okay to commit into trunk of the d-i SVN tree?

Have you actually checked that _all_ configuration examples (also those
for tftp booting) that refer to dhcp are also valid for dhcp3?
This is what has kept me back from making the change sooner.

Also AFAIK the dhcp package is not yet completely obsoleted. However, as
Woody also contains dhcp3-server, I think this change in principle would
be alright.

Cheers,
Frans

(P.S. I think it would be best to file all proposed patches as wishlist
bugs instead of just sending them to the list. This to make sure they
don't get lost. For the manual this is package debian-installer-manual.)