Re: How to create a "hidden" partition using the partman auto recipes?

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 02:56:50PM -0500, Joey Hess scribbled:
> Marek Habersack wrote:
> >   As in subject - I need to create a formatted partition on the installation
> > drive which will not have a mountpoint using the auto recipes. I am building
> > a custom "distro" for my company which is supposed to automatically install
> > on the machine and we need such a hidden partition for machine recovery
> > purposes. I've built the custom cd without problems, preseeding works
> > wonderfully and the only problem is that single partition. Whenever the
> > partman gets to it it warns about the partition not having a mountpoint and
> > whether I want to go back to the partitioning menu or continue. Continuing
> > works just fine, but I'd rather it not ask the question at all.
>
> Have you considered preseeding the question?
Yes, I did that - it was apparently ignored, as the question popped up
again. In the end I resorted to using early_command to create the /recovery
mountpoint currently, works without interruption, but it's only a kludge...
The ideal thing would be to be able to do something like:

400 600 450 ext3
        method{ format }
        format{ }
        use_filesystem{ }
        filesystem{ ext3 }
        nomount{ } .

It might be useful not only for the kind of usage I described but also for
cases when people want to have a spare partition for backups, for hidden
data etc.

regards,

marek