experimental parted in sarge ...

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 10:56:19PM -0500, martin yazdzik wrote:
> Dear S,
>    Many, many thanks for your kind e-mail copy of the newsgroup post
> about the dual boot disk geometry issue.  It is indeed hard to track
> down, as there are three  factors which must be in place to have it go
> awry.

Thanks martin for your report, and sorry for not having responded earlier, i
think your email did get lost in my mailbox, even if i salvaged it from the
spam box where is almost went.

I am forwarding this mail to debian-boot and debian-release, in hope that it
is still time to do something about this.

Anyway, to debian-boot, and joeyh in particular, and to the debian release
managers, this is the exact example of why we should include the experimental
version of parted, and not the one currently in sarge/sid. The number of
dependent package is minimal, and easy to fix (Colin Watson can attest to
this), and the fix is solving a real problem, where martin did all the
checking and reproduction work that have been called for.

If this is not reason enough to add this info, i wonder what would be, or if
it is definitively too late for a fixed parted in sarge.

Ok, here follows the rest of martin's analysis, and again thanks to you martin
for following this up.

Friendly,

Sven Luther