Open debconf db without locking it (was Re: Keyboard preseed for X)

On Τρίτη 18 Ιανουάριος 2005 00:06, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> ...I will do the upload later today...

or at least I would like to, but I've reached a part I can't go
further. I need to open the debconf db, without locking it just to
read a value. As it is it reads the value ok, but it also locks the
db so when I create the values to write and try to call
debconf-set-selections to update them (after a suggestion that i
should prefer it for batch updating), it of course complains about a
lock on debconf's db.

Is it possible to do disable locking? Joey?

FWIW, I'm using the perl interface.

Konstantinos