Re: Final patch

[Cc-list trimmed down]

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 10:16:30AM +0300, Recai Oktas wrote:
[...]
> > In fact there is no need for kbd-mode, kbd-chooser (or any other program
> > run early) should call ioctl to set keyboard in Unicode mode.
>
> I added the kbd-mode because an early ioctl call in loadkeys_wrapper to
> switch to unicode mode simply didn't work (still don't know why),
[...]

This is indeed very strange.  Anyway having such a program might be
useful, packages/rootskel/src/lib/debian-installer.d/S[49]0utf8-linux
will then look very similar to unicode_st{art,op}.  But kbd-mode should
be renamed to kbd_mode.

About unicode_start, didn't you file a bugreport weeks ago to request that
calls to kbd_mode and dumpkeys are swapped in this script?  I cannot
find it.

Denis