Re: [D-I Manual] Proposal for new entities and entity translation (was: "Sarge" and "sarge" in the manual)

Hi Frans,

your mail contains
Cc: "debian-i18n@lists.debian.orgJens Seidel" <jensseidel@users.sf.net>,

Maybe you want to resend it to debian-i18n@lists.debian.org?

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 10:08:20PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> OK. I think we can address both issues.
>
> The next question is: what entities do we need?
> I have created a proposal that gives a more general setup and allows a
> gradual transition by not changing existing entities.
>
> I would appreciate any comments and suggestions for improvement or
> additions.

Your approach looks good.

> Current entity   New entity       Definition
> - ---------------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------
> - ---              distr            "Debian"
> debian           distr-full       "Debian GNU/Linux"
> - ---              distr-tech       "debian"
>
> release          release-version  "3.1"
> releasename      release-name     "sarge" or "Sarge"
> - ---              release-tech     "sarge"
>
> - ---              D-I              "<classname>Debian Installer</classname>"
> - ---              manual           "Debian Installer Manual"
> d-i              d-i              "<classname>debian-installer</classname>">
> d-i-manual       d-i-manual       "<classname>debian-installer-manual</classname>">
> Comments:
> - - Personally I feel we should capitalize Sarge for the English verion of the
>   manual as Sarge is the proper name of the release (and is derived from the
>   name of a character in a movie and should be capitalized as such)

I want to add that capitalized code names are used in the English
version of the Debian Reference as well.

Jens