SATA support....

Hi,

I gather there is a problem with installing Linux on machines with SATA drives. I've tried installing from the woody cd and this ends up assigning my cd to /dev/hda and my hard drive to /dev/hde which leads to a problem with untrapped interrupts. My cd drive is on an ATA slot but my hard drive is on a SATA slot.

I want to know if the sarge distribution for instance has the SATA problem licked. If anyone replies please use the language of thick people so I can understand. Thanks

Chris Rothwell  Rothwelc9@aol.com