Re: announcing debian-installer release candidate 2

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Joey Hess wrote:

> I think you found the 2.6 mini.iso. We need to see about adding 2.6
> support to the larger isos, but I don't know if the hppa 2.6 support is
> good enough yet to replace 2.4 with it

It doesn't seem to be, yet.

> and AFAIK palo only supports loading one (well 32 and 64 bit versions..)
> kernel from CD. If there's a way to make palo give a menu to choose
> which one to boot, we could do that.

Correct.  I do not believe there is any provision for offering more than
one kernel when booting from CD.  palo does a raw search through the ISO
fs for the kernel file which matches the one specified with '-k' when the
image was built.  You'll find that modifying the boot command line to use
a different kernel has no effect, even if it is included on the iso.

 Paul.

--
Paul Telford | 1024D/431B38BA | pxt@debian.org | paul@droflet.net
       C903 0E85 9AF5 1B80 6A5F  F169 D7E9 4363 431B 38BA