Re: Can I use an apt-cacher to install?

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 10:51:57AM +0000, David Goodenough wrote:
> I have a server which runs apt-cacher.  I use it for all apt-get updates and
> upgrades on my system, but I have had no luck trying to install using it.
>
> I tried setting it as the proxy (i.e. using the insertion of the proxy bit
> at the start of the URL to gain access to the server), but that did not seem
> to work.

No, of course not. If you enter a web proxy, it'll be set as the
environment variable 'http_proxy', which makes most applications use an
HTTP proxy. They work differently from apt-cacher.

If you want to use apt-cacher, you just want to manually configure a
mirror. You can then ignore the list of mirrors.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks