Re: Booting and installing via Network (no floppy/CDROM available) - looking for pointers

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:02:16 +0100, Ralph Seichter wrote:

>Christian Perrier wrote:
> > I'm suspecting some more general problem as there has been at least
> > another report with "hard disk not found" recently.
>Maybe I made a mistake with my choice of the Installation Kernel? I
>have downloaded
>unpacked the archive and served the contents using DHCPD/ATFTPD.

Just this weekend, I installed with no difficulties the
then current version of 'initrd.gz' and 'linux' from joeyh's location.

I got there from the D-I home,

following the link 'Weitere Boot-Images' ('other boot images') to

and then the i386 + netboot + daily_build link to

My system is a quite standard IDE system with K7.