Re: Old world mac boot floppies

Hi Wade,

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 12:01:38PM -0700, Wade Berrier wrote:
> I've set up open firmware (version 2.0) to have the display as output
> and the keyboard as input, and auto-boot to false.
>
> But, I've tried what seems every combination of boot fd or boot floppy
> to no avail.  I'll usually get back can't LOAD.
>
> And really, the main problem with my woody install is that when I
> reboot, I get "CLAIM FAILED".

Unfortunately, I'm not close to my 4400 at the moment, so I can't help
(and I have no experience with the woody boot floppies).

The boot.img for the 2.4 kernel booted for me (but had problems reading
the root.img, which might be model-specific to a few 4400 variants
judging from my and others' experiences with this specific system).

Please try pinging me again at the weekend, I'll have more time then.

Good luck,
-Malte

PS: The BootX method is much easier and both the 2.4 and 2.6 netboot
images should work with that boot loader.