Re: Testing partman-auto-lvm?

Christian Perrier wrote:
> How can I test partman-auto-lvm?
>
> I want to check that my french translation is not too wide for the
> menu entry and then give translators an indication about the size
> limit for their translations.
>
> I built the package, then booted a netinst ISO in VmWare....configured
> the network and I wget'ed the package from my host machine.
>
> Then I installed it with udpkg in the 2nd console.
>
> However, I do not find anything more in "Guided partitioning" or
> anywhere else....so I suspect I'm missing somehting, which may include
> missing some clues...:)

IIRC if you install it with udpkg the templates will not show up, since
debconf is already running on the first console and does not notice the
change. Try adding it to the pkg-lists for your initrd. You should then
see the menu item to use lvm in the same place it asks what drives/free
space to autopartition.

--
see shy jo