Testing partman-auto-lvm?

How can I test partman-auto-lvm?

I want to check that my french translation is not too wide for the
menu entry and then give translators an indication about the size
limit for their translations.

I built the package, then booted a netinst ISO in VmWare....configured
the network and I wget'ed the package from my host machine.

Then I installed it with udpkg in the 2nd console.

However, I do not find anything more in "Guided partitioning" or
anywhere else....so I suspect I'm missing somehting, which may include
missing some clues...:)