Re: bootprompt buffer size

Geert Stappers wrote:
> For netbooting i386 with preseed information, I have the line append
> vga=normal initrd=initrd.gz ramdisk_size=9310 root=/dev/rd/0

vga=normal is not needed AFAIK. I have not removed it only because I
don't know if it's safe to remove it from everything.

> devfs=mount,dall rw console=ttyS0,9600n8 DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text

",dall" is not needed.

> countrychooser/shortlist=other countrychooser/country-name=Netherlands

With tomorrow's build you should be able to simplify the above to just:
countrychooser/shortlist=NL

> From "vga=normal" to the chomped "country-name=Nether" are 256
> characters.
>
> Is that a kernel limit or is in pxelinux?
>
> I think it be checked with syslinux.

I think it's a kernel limit but I have not checked.

--
see shy jo