network cards not working (intel and nforce)

asus a7n8x motherboard with onboard nforce nic and 2nd intel pro 100 S nic.

tried the latest sarge netinst from http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/i386/current/sarge-i386-netinst.iso (on the 27th)

tried the 2.4 and 2.6 kernel (linux and linux26) and it hangs with the cd drive. Its either stops at linux ata disk, or it gets past there and says it cant mount the cd-rom, even though its the same cd i booted off.

If i go into expert mode though, and de-select all the ide chipsets, except for: floppy, generic, ide-generic, ide-disk, ide-cd, isofs it will then mount the cd.

After i click past that i get a window telling me some modules couldnt be loaded: apggart(nvidia nforce2 agp) forcedeth nfroce ethernet controller, e100 intel 82557/8/9 [my controller chipset is 82550], ide-mod, ide-probe-mod, ide-detect. ide-floppy

I cant get much past there though since it fails to setup my network cards. It either locks up or it just says it cant contact a dhcp server. If i try this using the 2.4 kernel, it gives me an error message:

error while running modprobe -v e100, it then tried to configure using dhcp at which point it either stalls or just says it cant reach the dhcp server.

Any suggestions to try and get this working?