Re: Localization-config uploaded, 2 strings for translation

(CCing d-boot as I want to make sure I have not misunderstood
anything)

On Δευ 06 Σεπ 2004 01:00, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> Ah, I see, I thought there was one script per language but,
> actually, you execute the $release script with the language as a
> parameter.

Yes, it's better that way, no duplicating of code, and since pretty
much all languages have similar ways to set things it would be a
waste of space to have a script per language (actually per locale
entry).

> I will look at the scripts and will probably ask some more
> questions :-) In any case, from the scripts I see there and what I
> do in user-es:
>
> - lynx.cfg's PREFERRED_LANGUAGE and CHARACTER_SET is not modified

Ok, we can integrate this in l-c.

> - /etc/environment is not modified

this is not supposed to be configured in l-c, it's configured at boot
time by d-i/base-config. I don't think we should touch this.

> - /etc/locale.nopurge is not modified (for locale-purge)

I have no idea about this one.

> - /etc/texmf/language.dat is not modified (for TeX/LaTeX
> hyphenation rules and some other things)

Doesn't tetex configure this itself? If not, and if there are no
immediate plans to do so, we can include such a script in l-c.

> - /etc/inputrc is not modified (need to use non-ASCII characteres
> in console)

I don't know about that I had the impression that it's configured
elsewhere.

> - /etc/latex2html.config is not modified  (for LaTeX generation
> code)
> - Mozilla's preferences are not modified
> (general.useragent.locale, intl.accept_languages and
> intl.font_charset

Ok, we can do both (actually I already wanted to do mozilla).

> - The keymap for console is not installed

This is a matter of the console-* packages not l-c.

> - /etc/Muttrc is not modified (for locale and charset)

We can do this.

> Maybe some of those changers are spanish specific but I will take a
> look at how I can integrate them in localization-config...

Feel free to prepare a patch. Mind you, there are many ready routines
to add/set a variable in a configuration file and it would be best to
use what is already there. Please let me know before you commit your
patches.

Konstantinos