Re: RC1 report installation failed

Quoting VETSEL Patrice (vetsel.patrice@wanadoo.fr):
> VETSEL Patrice a écrit :
> >With this iso ->
> >http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/i386/rc1/sarge-i386-netinst.iso
> >

> >All seem's to be fine except the ejection of the cd at the end.
> >After a reboot no more installation/configuration-screen appeared.
> >I can enter with the root login with no password.
> >My keyboard is not the good (i'v choosen azerty/french)
> >Taskselect show me just 2 option to install
> >The b44 module is installed but the /etc/network/interfaces is empty
> >(i'v configured my netcard with IP static), and so i can't launch
> >pppoeconf.
> >cya
> >

> I must add that i'v used "linux26".
>
> When i use "linux" all is good.

I'm pretty sure that rc1 has a problem with one of the two french
keyboard layouts (fr-latin9 : the one not mentioned as "obsolete") in
2.6

This comes from a wrong version of console-data in testing at the time
rc1 was built. This will very probably be fixed in further releases.

All this probably breaks some other things which may explain why
second stage did not work properly.

Anyway, I'll soon make install tests with RC1 just to see if I can
reproduce this and just for having myself an idea on how D-I rc1 works
in french environments.