Re: Question Concerning Change In Console Text Size While Booting Up

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 12:12:13AM -0400, John Lowell wrote:
> Joey Hess wrote:
> >It's hotplug. This is being fixed.
>
> Hi Joey!
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply.
>
> One other question if I may. Since installing x windows system and
> fluxbox, I'm automatically taken on boot into a graphical login prompt.
> I'd expected to be taken a text login, to write an ~/.xinitrc, and to
> run startx. I don't recall being given a choice about the matter, just
> the graphical login if you please. I object, your honor. :-)
>
> Can anything be done to restore this choice?

This isn't a debian-installer issue, but either remove the display
manager if you never want to use it (it's probably the xdm package -
don't worry about x-window-system also being removed, it's just a
metapackage) or remove the startup link in /etc/rc2.d.

Cheers,