Re: Debian-Installer release candidate 1

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 11:54:39PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 06:49:03AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 11:17:22PM -0300, Joey Hess wrote:
> >
> > >  - Added support for more subarches for arm (riscpc, riscstation),
> > >    m68k (bvme6000, mvme147, mvme16x), mipsel (cobalt) and powerpc
> > >    (oldworld).
> >
> > m68k isn't currently planning on releasing with vme right now. They
> > simply haven't been tested and apparently don't work. wouter is
> > working on fixing them. Maybe in a point release.
>
> Yes; but I had told Joey that my tests were successful (and they were).
> Everything seems to work perfectly, except for vmelilo-installer.

That explains that. If you had told me that, I might have released them.

> I must add, though that I tested the netboot version, not the floppy
> one; I don't have a floppy for this box.

I don't thing atari's floppy boot works either.

> Of course, I do agree that not releasing in this state is probably not a
> good idea anyway.

Let me know when you change your mind. I've been thinking about
reorganizing the build process so there aren't quite some many separate
initrds to build. Of course, I hate to make that kind of change right
before a release. :-\

<stephen@marenka.net>