Re: pre-seeding debconf database

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 03:14:12PM -0300, Joey Hess wrote:
> Brian Sutherland wrote:
> > The best answer I can find on the net for pre-seeding a debconf
> > database for Debian with only debootstrap packages installed is:
> >
> > debconf-set-selections file
> >
> > Is this the current best way/way the debian installer does it?
>
> Well, if you place a file in /usr/share/base-config/debconf-seed/ then
> it will automatically be loaded by debconf-set-selections when
> base-config runs. Yes, this is the current supported way to preseed.

Thanks, but not exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking
that debconf-set-selections could be an elegant way of adding
debconf support to FAI if it could be used just after the base
system tarball is unpacked and before package installation.

Followed by a dpkg-reconfigure of course.

It would also be nice if it could load multiple files possibly
answering the same question and be sure that the answers in the
last one loaded take precedence.

I am thinking of writing some patches.

--
Brian Sutherland

"There has got to be more to life than just being really,
really, really, ridiculously good-looking." -- Derek Zoolander