Re: release status

http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc-small/floppy/

>> hmm.... the boot.img from 2004-08-06, 21:24 (still) doesn't boot and the
>> root.img is too big to fit on a floppy :-(
>
> :/ We need to find out why this happens. Do you know how to build it
> :yourself ?

Hi!

I today copied the vmlinux.coff kernel from
kernel-build-2.4.25-powerpc-small to a hfs floppy and was able to boot from
openfirmware with: boot fd:vmlinux(renamed kernel). The kernel loads but
hangs because of no root fs. So whoever is building the boot floppies
should take this kernel and add some root or ram stuff to make a di boot
floppy. Also it seems that the ofonly and the normal kernels are equal.
Should this be so? And they still dont work error: unrecognized Client
Programm formatstate not valid. Maybe some sort of wrong format it should
be xcoff or?
If a new kernel is ready some time I can test if needed.

Hope this helps.

Bye Chris.