release status

At this point the only delay is waiting for the autobuilders, which are
overloaded from all the other uploads surrounding the sarge release, to
catch up and build the d-i images. In the past 24 hours, we've gotten
builds for hppa, ia64, s390, and sparc, plus a manual build for alpha.
That leaves arm, m68k (building), mips, mipsel, and powerpc. d-i is far
back in the queue for most of these arches[1] and is even slipping
further behind on some as more high-urgency package uploads happen.

Since it's looking like it could easily take days for some of these
buildds to catch up, we may need to do manual builds on some of these
architectures. It would be nice if we could get all the builds done
before the next dinstall run. If you do a manual build, please take careto make it in an up-to-date and clean sid chroot.

Other than that, we seem to be on track for a release. I'm not aware of
any showstopper issues, and the current errata list is quite small. Once
the initrd builds get in and the CDs are built with them, we will have
one final day for last minute testing before the release. The test
checklist in installer/doc/checklist is still missing many entries and
the more complete it is the better I'd feel about calling this release
rc1 instead of beta5.

--
see shy jo

[1] http://people.debian.org/~igloo/status.php?packages=debian-installer