sid on alpha

A few comments on the booting process and the over-all package on alpha:
UP2000+ all scsi 750 mhz processor 1mb ram 36gb u160 ibm hd

Had to add an ide cd to get the netboot iso image to boot.  The beta4 did
not work for me, but the iso from 7/23 worked well enough to start the
process.

Partitioning is a BIG problem.  None of the canned partitioning schemes
were bootable after the install. I couldn't get into fdisk on a console
("could not open   /dev/sda" messages), so I partitioned using the old
Redhat 7.2 cd I had.

It would not load up anything but the base system, so I got all the rest
(X11, kde, gnome, etc.) usind apt-get once I booted and became root.

Once I was all established and running, I had a very impressive, usable,
delightful system.

Thanks a lot for all your work.

Martin Rosenstein