Re: /etc/fstab problem on S/390: which package? Userdevfs?

Adam Thornton wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 12:23, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> > AFAICS the installed system shouldn't mount devfs. It also should have
> > static /dev entries, managed by makedev.
>
> In that case where in the debian-installer build do I need to put the
> script to generate the static /dev entries that the parmfile and fstab
> require?

The installer doesn't need to do anything special besides installing
makedev, which is Priority: required. The entries in /target/dev should
be created by the makedev postinst script.

> The fact that it *does* mount devfs is probably a bug in the kernel
> build parameters for S/390, but not a major one if we also have the
> static /dev entries.

Are you sure this doesn't simply hide the static entries by mounting
devfs over it?

Thiemo