Re: Debian Installer string freeze begins - 1st status

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 07:15:07AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Helmut Wollmersdorfer (helmut.wollmersdorfer@gmx.at):
>
> > >Consistency between en_GB and en_US spelling need some work probably.
> >
> > Which one? I never found a clear rule within debian like "[SHOULD|MUST]
> > be [en_US|en_GB]". If not specified I apply aspell en_US.
>
> I'd say that current English is closer to US than GB so let's go ahead
> for US.

I think it is better to use the en_GB spelling, as this is the better
default for the world. Eg in Europe, and in India, the prefered spelling
is en_GB, also in most other countries (AU, NZ, IE). It is almost only in the US
that the US spelling is preferred.

Best regards
keld