Re: Suggestion for choose-mirror

Colin Watson wrote:

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 08:40:52PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
Could choose-mirror be changed so that if certain environment variables are set then it uses values from those rather than prompt for them?

II suggest that the proxy information be specified thus:
http_proxy=http://example.com:3128/

I expect that you can already do this using
mirror/http/proxy=http://example.com:3128/ at the kernel boot prompt.

That works fine. However, when I tried to answer some more Qs that way, the Kernel panicked.

Instead, I renamed debian-installer to debian-installer.real and front-ended it with my own debian-installer which tried to set some environment variables and then exec debian-installer.real.

Unfortunately, that came unstuck because environment variable names aren't allowed to contain slashes.

Is there another way to do this?

Is there a document I should be reading?

I suspect I could take old Q&A and poke them into place, but I also suspect that fails some time around the first time strings are unfrozen.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait