Re: Suggestion for choose-mirror

Colin Watson wrote:

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 06:26:20AM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
Colin Watson wrote:
Since d-i uses debconf, most questions are pre-answerable like this.
Where are the Qs and As documented?

Unfortunately I suspect the answer right now might be "the source code";
look for templates files. (Alternatively, look through
/var/lib/cdebconf/ in a running d-i.) This should go in the manual, if
it isn't there already.

Oh yuk!

I found a spare box and netbooted it: di-barfed on my proxy (haven't bothered with why yet) which I specified in my PXE config.

If I understand this right, if I put all the right stuff into the environment, then d-i will install the system I want?

It's pretty cleat that I can't put them all in through PXE - the kernel just panicked because I already said too much:
label 26
       kernel images/sarge-2.6/vmlinuz
append initrd=images/sarge-2.6/initrd.gz vga=6 devfs=mount root=/dev/ram initrd_size=20000 mirror/country=au mirror/protocol=http mirror/http/hostname=debian.test.lan mirror/http/proxy=http://192.168.9.4:3128/

wretched bootloaders: today I was grubbing a sick machine , typing stuff on the initrd line and wondering
a. Why it didn't work
b. Why I thought it would.

I'm only guessing with my answers. Am I right so far? If I can get all the answers into environment vars in this fashion, is it going to work?

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait