Suggestion for choose-mirror

Could choose-mirror be changed so that if certain environment variables are set then it uses values from those rather than prompt for them?

II suggest that the proxy information be specified thus:
http_proxy=http://example.com:3128/

The reason I suggest http_proxy over any others is that it's already used for that purpose by other commonly-used programs such as lynx, wget.

Of course, for an ftp install then ftp_proxy would be appropriate.

I don't care so much what others are, but maybe
source=
 http://www.example.com/debian/
 ftp://ftp.example.com/pub/debian
 nfs://nfs.example.com/var/local/mirror/debian
 usb://
 cd://
and whatever else is needed.

While these are more than almost anyone will type in at tbe boot prompt (more than one or twice, at least), it's not hard to supply the info via pxelinux, syslinux, grub etc configurations.

This would go some way to automating the install prcedure, especially if the idea's adapted to other packages.

Any thoughts?

--

Cheers
John