Re: installing SATA modules

Thanks a lot really,

- Generally : is it possible to know which version number corresponds to the
kernel OUT of Linux system itself (I mean is there some file on the install
CD which indicates it ?). Thanks for the usefull command anyway :-)

- Problem is that I tried once to install Sarge but it didn't work. Anyway I
had first to initialise all partitions for this unsuccessfull try...so I
losed Woody ! What happened ? Simply the installer couldn't and still can't
find "rescue..." on the Sarge CD I burned : effectively I searched for it
after (on OS9) and there's nothing named ''rescue'' on this Sarge CD ! Is it
a problem of boot and/or root ? Do I have to use another version of one or
both of these booting floppies (which come from the Woody CD) to be able to
install Sarge form CD (so that it wouldn't need or ask no more for
''rescue'' file on the CD...no I suppose...) ? Problem is that I didn't find
any new boot and root floppies on the net (maybe didn't search well...)
specifically built for Sarge...

Anyway I would be able to make an install by the net (via DHCP, speed
connection working well...), so I wouldn't need to find ''rescue'' on the
Sarge CD ...but another problem happened : I am french whith ''azerty''
keyboard and stupidly there's no type of configuration I found on the
installer (first stage of instal process) for being able to write the entire
web adress which corresponds to Sarge's distribution site (misses the ''_''
symbol which appears once in this adress ...) !

So how is it possible to install Sarge on my (ancient world) Powerpc ?

Thomas