Re: installing SATA modules

Ok thanks to everybody for answerings, I'd like now to respond to Sven :

> Where would you like to install it ?

On a scsi drive, this is not a problem in istself (worked for installing
Woody)...

> What kernel are you running on it anyway ?

How to know it ? Could it be the file
''pool/main/P/patch_2.5.4-11_powerpc.deb'' situated in the CD (Woody 3.0r2)
? (Sorry I'm still a beginner and I only know basic installation of
GNU/linux and a few UNIX...).

Is it possible to install, in principle, for example a 2.6x.. package on a
2.4x.. kernel (not talking about the fact it is possible IN THIS CASE, but
in general...anyway, if you know if it is possible IN THIS case, why not
say...).

Thanks