Re: sysresccd.org, run_qtparted, Success resizing NTFS (XP)

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 03:32:43PM -0700, Karl Hegbloom wrote:
> I thought I'd let everyone know that the www.sysresccd.org beta has a
> qtparted on it that runs on a framebuffer, and can successfully resize a
> Windows XP NTFS partition.  Boot the CD, type "run_qtparted".  After the
> resize, boot XP, and let it fsck the disk.  Everything seems to be
> working fine!
>
> We need this technology!  I wonder how hard it would be to make a udeb,
> or get the NTFS supporting parted into our partition editor...  Can the
> d-i partition editor resize like that?

I agree. This would seriously facilitate Windoze users in trying out Debian
in as non-intrusive a manner as possible. I think the above CD is the one I
used on a friend's laptop to shrink WinXP to make room for Debian. Works
amazingly well.

So I guess it would mean that partman has some option to resize existing
partitions...

regards

Andrew