Re: Install Report (22 June 04 Daily Build), Problem with Time Zones

> Well, here are some more settings--perhaps they may help you track down
> the problem:

After running exactly this setup in VmWare, I finally ended with
"date" showing a time in EDT timezone.

and /etc/localtime was properly linked to /usr/share/zoneinfo/Canada/Eastern

So, I'm afraid investigating the issue you reported will be very
difficult. Can you retry this setup or was it a "one-time" install?

> It relates to the package 'shorewall' -- the directory that
> (usually) holds the configuration files "/etc/shorewall/" was
> empty. The default configuration files were in
> "/usr/share/doc/shorewall/default-config/".  I don't know if
> there is a good reason for the change (they used to be in
> "/etc/shorewall/") --but I can't help think the current
> arrangement (of default config files) is less newbie friendly.
> Also, isn't the first thing one does is--copy the default
> config files to the /usr/shorewall/ directory?

I suggest you report this as a bug against the shorewall package and
deal it with the maintainer.