Re: Install Report (22 June 04 Daily Build), Problem with Time Zones

Christian,
I'm not sure what to say to the fact that you can't reproduce it.

Well, here are some more settings--perhaps they may help you track down
the problem:

Base System Install
-----
language setting:
	- en (other countries)  ---- english

Country:
	- Canada

Kernel:
	kernel-image-2.6.6-1-386

-----
Debian System Configuration (after reboot)
-----
Set hardware clock to GMT?
	- YES

Time Zone:
	- Eastern

Software selection method:
	- "nothing, you may manually run apt-get or any of the above later"

=============================
The above issue aside, I just remembered one thing I really
disliked--not directly related to the installer but installing
in general.

It relates to the package 'shorewall' -- the directory that
(usually) holds the configuration files "/etc/shorewall/" was
empty. The default configuration files were in
"/usr/share/doc/shorewall/default-config/".  I don't know if
there is a good reason for the change (they used to be in
"/etc/shorewall/") --but I can't help think the current
arrangement (of default config files) is less newbie friendly.
Also, isn't the first thing one does is--copy the default
config files to the /usr/shorewall/ directory?

Michael