Re: Pointing users to d-i images on the main page

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 02:10:04PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> I suggest that

> -we keep only beta4 on the main d-i page as "official release". Put
>  here a link to the "builds" page.
> -we remove the tc1 pointer from the main page
> -we keep a "daily build" paragraph pointing to a new page called the
> "builds" page

> This "builds" page should be basically the current
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/builds where we inject Vince
> McIntyre proposal.

> Do you think we can converge on these ideas ?

> The most critical point, imho, is currently the lack of visibility of
> sid_d-i and a too much visible sarge_d-i release...

But as udebs are pushed into testing, what we need more and more of is
people testing sarge_d-i so that we know if it works, and can decide
when we're ready to cut tc2.  I'm not sure about other archs, but at
least on alpha, the last remaining *known* showstopper is getting
aboot-installer 0.0.11 into testing.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer