Re: Call For Help: Accessibility support in d-i

> Unfortunately, something seems to have broken recently, and
> the currently generated access floppy images do not boot anymore.
> The boot floppy starts to load normally, and after some time, SYSLINUX reports:
> "Boot failed: Please change disks and press any key to continue."

After some investigations today, it seems the problem may be narrowed
down to the kernel-image-2.4.xx-speakup udeb.

I tried to build a regular floppy boot image (make build_floppy_boot)
with this kernel instead of the default flavour by modifying the
needed cfg file. This boot image experimented the reported problem
which rebuilding it again with the usual kernel worked well.

So the investigation should probably focus on this special kernel
flavour.

This topic (not yet solved) revealed to me the existence of the
"accessiblity" flavour of d-i. Apart from the problem Mario related
(which is imho not far from being RC), we should all more focus and
this accessbility variant of Debian Installer.

For instance, having it available as an option on the regular CD, if
technically possible, would be a great progress.