Re: Proposal for a d-i IRC meeting (was: Re: dropping tc1)

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):

> I hope if it's a formal meeting that there are some known topics for us
> to discuss. This could be a good idea, at least it can't hurt to try it.

Basically, I think your "dropping tc1" mail could be a start. Just get
all the points one by one and assign ourselves tasks.

This is probably, imho, what's currently missing : have assigned tasks
and regular points for confirming what is advancing and what is
not.....

Not easy to achieve as, by definition, we all do all this basiucally
on our free time....but, well, we can try..:-)

> > As Joey leaves on Thursday, I'd like to propose something before that
> > moment (which means tomorrow 6/16, Wednesday). If you all agree this
> > could be a Good Thing for sure.
>
> I was probably unclear, I leave Wednesday morning. I have an 11 hour
> drive and I need to get to my campsite before dark.

Hmmm, thus it will be hard to have something organised before you leave.

> > 1) 16:00 UTC, which means from 09:00 to 12:00 in USA, 17:00 or 18:00 in
> > Europe and 01:00 the day after in Japan
>
> I can probably make part of this timeslot, and no others. Please don't let
> my absense stop you from doing anything though.

Sure.....but as "release manager appointed by all of us", you being
present is a must have....

Let's see others reactions. It seems that the 16:00 UTC is the most
probable correct timeslot (though, well, not that easy for
me....because this is usually my "travel back home" time....and I need
1h30 for going back home daily).

I currently propose Saturday June 19th, 16:00 UTC as a first
possibility. #debian-boot channel, of course.

Folks, please confirm wheher you can attend this meeting.
(Joey already counted as not attending)

1) Christian Perrier / bubulle