Re: Help! Debian-Installer Dies with various umount errors

If you were blonde, female, and weighed less than 400 lbs I'd kiss you :)

Yes, you're 100% right... that's exactly the problem. If you're installing to a hard disk of 100gig or greater, the Beta 4 installer and the Testing Candidate 1 installer will fail, giving you no real error messages, etc.

I was able to verify this, and with a little disk-juggling, got this working.

I didn't see this in the BTS.... have you filed a bug report on it? I'd say this was a pretty major problem that while easy to fix, really needs to be corrected in TC1.

Once again, Dan, thanks so much for your help!

Moe