Help! Debian-Installer Dies with various umount errors

I have tried the Beta 4 Sarge installer, Beta 4 Net Installer, and Testing Candidate 1 Net Install (all for i386) and my installs always die at Installing the Base System. (I always do a clean install, letting the installer use the entire disk).

Looking in the error logs, I see:

umount: /target/dev/pts: No such file or directory
umount: /target/dev/shm: No such file or directory
umount: /target/proc/bus/usb: Invalid argument

I also have Googled and searched the BTS, and I note that there are quite a few reports on multiple architectures that list this same issue.... BUT I can't find any resolution or work-around.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Why is this bug coming up?

I feel like I'm really in a weird twilight zone where everyone else seems to be doing fine with the new Debian Installer, but I keep running into this same problem....

Moe