Re: Take 3: sparc64 CDs work?

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 08:50, Frederik Dannemare wrote:
> Activating swap-devices in /etc/fstab...
> failed
> Checking file systems...
> fsck 1.24a (02-Sep-2001)
> fsck.ext2: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/hda1
> (null):

Try booting with devfs=nomount.  This issue looks like the kernel is
mounting devfs, but there's no devfs daemon to make the "normal
looking" device symlinks.

Looking back through the logs, I see this:

> devfs: v1.12c (20020818) Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.csiro.au)
> devfs: boot_options: 0x1

and this:

> Partition check:
> /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0: p1 p2 p3 p4

which means you've got devfs compiled in (and probably being mounted)
but no indicator that devfsd is starting.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org