Re: tasksel rewrite

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):

> There are new strings in the new tasksel, and I hope translators can
> have a go at getting them translated. Sorry that I had to put it in a
> branch, which will make your lives more difficult.

Branches are meant for this, right? :-)

However, can you please give some hints for checking out this branch?
Several translators, and myself at first, are not svn wizards, so
giving us some out-of-the-box recipes may help.....

> less confusing. DebConf was a bit of an eye-opener WRT the old tasksel's

I think that Debcon was an eye-opener on lot of usability issues for
d-i.

Some of these lay deeply in our current scheme such as the messy
partman menus, or the lack of Help button and so on.

We currently use (c)debconf as a kind of general text GUI toolbox
while it has not been designed for this.

For very future plans, using a more general GUI toolbox with more
widgets possibilities is probably needed.