Re: Testing Beta 4 on Sparc Ultra 10

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Christian Perrier wrote:

> Could you try the tc1 version ?
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/sparc/tc1/sarge-sparc-netinst.iso
It was absolutely the same behaviour as I described in my posting at

   http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/06/msg00092.html

That's why I hope to get some further help from debian-sprac (sorry for
the cross-posting).  Is there anything I should do after removing a broken
10GB IDE disk and inserting a new factored 40GB disk?  I can not exclude
any hardware problems and so may be debian-boot is not the best list.

> AFAIK, there hasn't been test on such Sparc64 system (it is Sparc64,
> right?)
People on debian-sparc will know surely ...

> so your report will be deeply awaited...:-)
I'm willing to report surely.

Perhaps somebody might be able to provide simple boot floppies to exclude
problems with the IDE system?

Kind regards

          Andreas.

PS: I'm not subscribed to both list so please CC me. Thanks.