Re: [d-i daily 040528] Issue with OS detection

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 22:28, Joey Hess wrote:
> Andree Leidenfrost wrote:
> > Was the w2k partition NTFS or FAT32?
> >
> > Mine is a FAT32 win98 partition. Partman mounts this just fine. If I do
> > this, however, the described problem occurs.
>
> This was a ntfs partition. It does show that the code works though and
> there is no difference how the partition is mounted.

Right. I've just done a reinstall of sarge. I've even redownloaded the
installation CD
(http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/i386/20040528/sarge-i386-netinst.iso)

This time, I also tried manually mounting the windows partition both as
/target/windows and /target/banana while the base system installation
was running. The result is the same as with mounting via partman: GRUB
configuration says that there doesn't seem to be another OS installed.
Again, not mounting anything works as expected.

Are you sure that this is not a FAT32 versus NTFS issue?

If there are still no new findings next weekend, I might try to
reinstall win98 from scratch and see whether that makes a difference.
However, it would probably be useful to get another independent report
about a FAT32-based windows installation. (Best would probably be
win9x/ME although win2k with FAT32 might be interesting as well...)

Cheers
Andree
--
Andree Leidenfrost