Re: [d-i daily 040528] Issue with OS detection

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 13:18, Joey Hess wrote:
> Andree Leidenfrost wrote:
> > <scratches his head> What else do you need to know apart from:
> >
> > > This is with the standard daily i386 iso image, 28 May 04.
>
> You're right, I must have missed that.

Which is more than understandable given your current workload...

> We just tried an installation with windows 2k server and manually
> mounted it to /target/dos during the instalation (partman does not seem
> to let windows partitoons be mounted), and it still detected it and
> worked ok.

Was the w2k partition NTFS or FAT32?

Mine is a FAT32 win98 partition. Partman mounts this just fine. If I do
this, however, the described problem occurs.

Is there a difference between mounting partitions manually and in
partman? When exactly does the OS detection code kick in? Is there any
sharing of information between partman and the OS detection code?

I can do some more testing tonight (Sydney time) if required (and if
someone tells me what to test), not with w2k though. :-( Unfortunately,
I will be out of town and away from computers for the week, back on the
weekend.

Cheers
Andree
--