Re: sysresccd.org

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 16:18 +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 06:45:01PM -0700, Karl Hegbloom wrote:
> > Have you folks seen http://www.sysresccd.org/ ?  I think it would be
> > awesome to have something like that based on Debian.  The QTparted tool
> > seems to work fairly well -- it runs in a frame-buffer.  They also have
> > a nice version of "links" that uses the frame-buffer as well.
>
> QTparted is just mad. I love it. I helped a friend install Debian on his
> laptop recently, and I had some rescue CD (I've got a bit of a collection
> happening) that used QTparted, and it was as easy as falling off a log to
> resize his NTFS partition to make some room.

I was not aware that it works with NTFS partitions!  I've never tried
that, since I have not any around.  I was aware that there's some sort
of NTFS read-write support in the systemrescuecd distro.  There's a
patch to the kernel available through their site; I don't know what else
it requires; perhaps something in user-space?  If that all is Free,
perhaps Debian can use it?