Re: status

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):

> countrychooser 0.018
> 	This is very close to going in, but I would like some evidence
> 	that it's safe.

The only grey part, imho, is the choice of a language plus a country
which is not in the SUPPORTED list of locales. For instance :
English+France (or English+Brazil). Until recently, people reported
problem with locales in 2nd stage as the locale was "en".

IIRC, base-config now sets the locale to "C" in such case.

When choosing such combinations with a language different from
English, this will lead to a system which speaks English by default at
the end. For instance, choosing French+USA will very certainly give
"C" as general locale.

Changing this needs too deep code changes in
languagechooser+countrychooser...I'd rather postpone these to post-rc1
and ass something in errata.

I will test this deeply.

> languagechooser 1.22
> 	Ditto.

1.23 includes the patch from Recai Oktas for #250376 which is an
important bug. We need Recai test this....