Re: tenative timeline for rc1 release (and DebConf)

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 02:37:52AM -0300, Joey Hess wrote:
> The next release of d-i should not be a beta. It should be something
> that we feel is suitable to be used in a real Debian release. This means
> that we can't afford to put out a release with significant known bugs of
> the kind documented in the errata, if fixes are known for the bugs.

Then would someone please upload base-installer_0.81? .80 has already
made it into testing and .81 fixes the m68k cdrom errata.

> Note that the 21-24 may time period is more important than it appears.

> When we're checking out the test candidate, it's essential that we cover
> all arches and as many installation methods as we can. An important

I'll only be near my test box on the 24th, so that limits what m68k/mac
testing is going to get done by me.

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>