Re: a note about continued development

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):

>  - a new languagechooser, with little discussion beforehand, that needs
>    enormous amounts of both usability and correctness testing before it
>    can possibly replace the old one

After a short discussion with Joey in IRC ? I'm in the process of
reverting back for the beta4 languagechooser behaviour.

This means that all changes made in 1.20, 1.21 and 1.22, mostly by
using a single entry per existing translation, will be put aside. The
languagelist and languagelist.l10 file from 1.19 will be restored,
along with changes unrelated to this issue (the only one was for
Turkish).

The languagelist and languagelist.l10n with the new layout will be
kept in SVN as .postbeta5 files.

The needed change in mktemplates will be commented out and the old
templates build will be put again in place.

I indeed figured out that more test could occur before beta5, but
obviously using this new layout is a bit risky.

I'm currently re-testing languagechooser with these backed changes.