a note about continued development

I'm worried that there are huge changes happening in the d-i tree and in
unstable. In the past week, we have gotten:

 - a new languagechooser, with little discussion beforehand, that needs
   enormous amounts of both usability and correctness testing before it
   can possibly replace the old one
 - a new version of partman that is, at least to me, unusable buggy
 - a new version of netcfg with significant changes
 - a new version of libdebian-installer that seems to have some serious
   dependency resolution bugs that break things

At the moment, it does not seem to me like any of the above will be in
shape to be released with beta5, which is, after all, due in less than
2 week's time, and which is supposed to fix existing bugs, not add many
new ones.

Even with incremental promotion of udebs to testing preventing broken
stuff from getting in, these changes still detract from testing of what
we are really going to release, and make it hard to upload minor fixes
to the versions of the packages in testing.

Please, focus your energy on changes that will help, and not hinder
beta5 of the installer, and on testing.

--
see shy jo