woes installing woody on IBM x205 Server

Hello list,
i was possibly mistaken to send the attached mail to
debian-users yesterday; havent received any reply yet.
I'd appreciate each and any input. Please Cc: answers
to my email address as i cannot sign up for the list.
--------------------------------
i've put several hours, if not days into this attempt
to install woody and i am at my wits end now. If you
can , please help. As i cant follow the list, please
cc: this address in any reply.
I have bought an IBM x205 server and additionally
ordered a ServeRaid 4lx raid controller as recommended
by the hardware distributor (returning the items is
not an option; they offered to install linux (redhat)
and i refused; turns out redhat and suse support all
devices that cause me trouble now). I have a problem
now with getting the raid controller to work, as well
as the Gigabit ethernet card that is onBoard (e1000).
It seems as if there used to be an extended driver set
on a boot floppy provided by "blade" at on
http://people.debian.org/~blade/install/preload/
however when i go there, it tells me that the drivers
are possibly (and most likely) have been corruped
during the hacking of the debian server, and that the
maintainer of that inofficial package has no interest
in keeping it up to date. I can only open the archive
after typing in a password saying "Yes i want to screw
my system with hacked code!" or such. Naturally i
prefer not to use them.
Next i got myself the original kernel sources and
headers for the bf24 kernel and built the module for
the controller (ips.o) on another debian system. Put
it on a floppy (into the /boot directory of course)
and then tried to "Add additional drivers from floppy"
when booting from the woody disk 1 (of course with
kernel bf24). When i tell the dialog to insert that
module, it will hang forever.
If, instead , i open a terminal, manually mount the
floppy, copy the module into the right place
(/lib/modules/2.4something/kernel/drivers/scsi) and
then do an insmod, it tells me the module is not built
for that kernel. If finally i do a insmod -f ( that is
what the dialog is doing, too) it tells me that the
kernel is being tained, and it hangs forever. At other
occasions, i saw that while the dialog is hanging,
lsmod reports the module as being loaded (and
initializing).
I hope i am missing the "right" way to install woody
on that system. Can anyone point me to some document
that could help me with the installation?
By the way googling pointed me to a dubious
"boot-floppies" package all the time. On my other
system i have repeatedly tried to apt-get or apt-cache
search for that package without success. Would that
solve my problems? Where could i get it?
UPDATE:
Out of curiosity i tried blade's boot floppy just to
see wether the module would load cleanly (unlike the
one i built). It indeed does. Boiling my problem down
to: how did he make those modules? I really dont want
to use the modules on the floppy as he himself says
they could easily be compromised and this system i am
working on is obviously a bit sensitive (hence the
raid controller). Any hints on how to make a module
that will actually load, or why my module just hangs?

TIA,
Daniel

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail.
Mit dem Yahoo! Messenger können Sie Freunde noch schneller erreichen!